Friday, March 14, 2014

Don't Bite the Hand that Protects You!

Congress is in the process of voting on a bill that will cut more benefits to our military and their families. One part of the bill is to make the Commissary purchases cost the military family more; that would be the food that they purchase. Congress has already cut military pay raises, made medical care more expensive, and increased the time members will be away from their families, spending time in foreign countries, fighting wars.

Now these military members are the people that defend this nation. They are expected to be there to go to war at the whim of Congress and/or the President. These are the defenders of our freedom (or what is left of it); and, we are cutting their pay, their medical care, raising the prices of their food and clothing; what the heck is this nation thinking?

I am not an active military member; however, I have been a military spouse since 1971 and so I know of which I speak. If I were an active military member and my country was doing all of these wonderful things for me and my family, I'd think twice about doing a great job of defending the good old USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment